Summer camps at H&G provide a fun, safe, educational week of horse-riding and horse-related activities
for beginners through intermediate riders ages 5 and older. Held weekly during the summer in our three
outdoor riding rings, camps are taught by highly qualified, enthusiastic instructors, who along with
assistant instructors and great school horses, provide small group instruction in all aspects of
horsemanship. Campers learn quickly, get personal attention and gain confidence in their riding skills.
H&G offers four unique camps: Joey, Crocodile, Kangaroo, and Giraffe Camp.
All campers are to wear riding pants/ jeans, boots, and bring riding helmet. If camper does not have a riding helmet, one will be provided for them to use for the camp. All campers are to bring a lunch each day and a water bottle. Please remember that it does get hot and we want all campers to stay HYDRATED.
2013 Camp Dates
Specific information for each camp
will be coming.
Joey May 27-31
Crocodile June 10-14
Giraffe July 29-Aug 2
Kangaroo June 17-21
- Beginner riders ages 5-8
- No experience necessary….Just your love for horses
- Camp run from 8-1
- Students learn safety, grooming, tacking-up and mounting, then…
- Walk & trot in balance with their mounts
- Fun, informative, hands-on activities follow riding each day, with materials that are designed to be age and skill appropriate
For riders who can at least walk/trot on the rail and beginning over cross rails
- Camp runs from 8AM-3PM
- Riders increase their knowledge on horsemanship, safety, and riding awareness .
- Campers will expand their knowledge on equitation and what is expected in the show ring.
- On the last day of camp, campers will show off their skills in a Camp Show!
July 29-Aug 2
For advance riders who can Walk, Trot, Canter, and jumping 18”
Camp runs from 8AM -3PM
Loading, clipping, show grooming, wrapping, first aid, and daily management
Jumping lessons everyday!
Seminar with Local Vet and Farrier
Open to public, stabling available for non-boarders